Friday, September 30, 2011

Game Doesn't Really Work For Me...

I'm not much on game, but I can tell when it's being shoveled at me.

True, men game women all the time, and it's not a bad thing in my eyes; if they do it right, it leads to an open, playful start to a relationship. I've been known to coach dudes through it when they approach me wrong, telling them what they did well and what they need work on. I smile and invite them to try again later, and I breeze on by. It leads to the mystery of Tes, the breezy, openness of me that makes it seems like I'm the fun girl. And I am to an extent.

A young one from my job and his friend tried to push up. I was joking around with my friend, pretending to holler at her, and he interjected saying I was doing it wrong. I invited him to show me how it's done. He tried to maintain his cool, but he was a little flustered. I like them flustered. He and his other half (why is it when they're younger they depend on their wingmen more?) whispered and giggled a bit before he asked me for my Facebook. I told him if he wanted to talk to a girl like me, he'd need my number; grown women don't Facebook - we face time, otherwise we talk. He asked for my number instead and I gave it. I don't plan on him calling, and I'm not sure he does either.

Besides, I'm not interested. Johnny's got my full attention in that area for now; he's maintained that level of dopeness that made me interested in the first place and he's not letting up. He's honest and open, to an extent, and funny and smart. We communicate easily and we seem to always be speaking the same language. Plus his eyes are just gorgeous and make me wanna melt.

I let the young one know that I wasn't necessarily interested, but that just seemed to make him more eager. What's up with that? The old adage nobody wants someone nobody else wants? In any case, I let him know I was kind of occupied, but I could still have friends. That's all I put up, so that's all he should expect. But does it ever really play out that way?

Why is it men think they need to resort to game to get a woman interested? Which is preferred; the man with good game or the man who's just genuine? Is there such a thing as "genuine" game, where a man is just himself and it works in his favor? Also, why is it when girls use game we're called sluts and tramps? And is there such a game as not having game at all? I need answers!*

*Sorry for the hiatus...but between writers block and sleep what's a girl to do? I did miss you guys though. It makes me happy to see people still read me :)

2 comments:

I Am Your People said...

I don't always comment, but I love your posts. They're always very well-written. Props for having the courage to bare so much of your soul (I know that's a cheesy phrase)

Tess said...

It's funny people say that to me, but I have no idea how not to bare my soul. Weird right? Thanks so much for stopping by :)